The College Level Examination Program (CLEP) enable students who can demonstrate knowledge and/or proficiency in certain fields to reduce the cost in time and money for pursuing a college education by successfully completing tests for credit.
Below are the available CLEP exams for which students may receive Mountwest course credit. For a complete listing of CLEP exams visit the CLEP webpage at https://clep.collegeboard.org/exams. Credit earned through the CLEP exams do not automatically satisfy specific academic requirements. Students are encouraged to consult with Program Chair or Dean in their area of study for specific curriculum requirements and credit. To schedule an exam, or for more information contact the MCTC Testing Center at 304.710.3395, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional information can also be obtained by contacting Student Services at 304.710.3060, or visiting the CLEP webpage at https://clep.collegeboard.org/exams
College Course Challenge Exams, or CCCE’s, are exams that test a student’s proficiency of a Mountwest course. Students successfully receiving passing scores on CCCE’s are considered to have “tested out” of a Mountwest course and will be awarded credit (CR) for the course and awarded the appropriate credit hours for the course. Below are the available College Course Challenge Exams (CCCE) available at Mountwest. To schedule an appointment to take a CCCE, please contact the testing center at email@example.com.
• Proper ID (must be a valid government issued photo ID. Current driver’s license, military identification, passports, etc.) at the time of testing
• Mountwest ID is acceptable identification only if you are a currently registered Mountwest student taking internal exams.
• Only authorized testing materials are permitted in the testing room. All unauthorized items, including personal items, will be checked by the testing center staff upon entering the testing room. Secured lockers are provided to store items in while testing.
Required ADA documentation and testing forms are needed before an exam can be administered through the Testing Center. Additional information is located on the Mountwest website at http://www.mctc.edu/student-services/disability-services/
• Inform faculty of need for ADA accommodations. Plan testing test as early as possible.
• Faculty and/or student is responsible for scheduling testing appointments directly with the Testing Center by emailing Testing Center staff at
Students please communicate with faculty to ensure if they will schedule the appointments or if it will be the student’s responsibility.
• All appointments are scheduled directly with the Testing Center by emailing Testing Center staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (304)710-3395.
Mountwest Community & Technical College | One Mountwest Way, Huntington, West Virginia 25701 | 866-676-
5533 A State Community & Technical College of West Virginia | Equal Opportunity/An Affirmative Action Employer
© 2016 Mountwest. All Rights Reserved.